Monday, December 31, 2012

Scarlett Johansson Tells ELLE UK: Marriage 'Not Important to Me'

Scarlett Johansson

(ELLE UK)

Don't count on Scarlett Johansson walking down the aisle or pushing a stroller anytime soon.

In a cover interview with Elle UK, the actress reveals that she has no current plans to marry again following her divorce from Ryan Reynolds.

'I got married when I was young and it was incredibly romantic and I liked being married, actually,' explains Johansson. 'But it is different. It's hard to put into words. To me, being in a functioning relationship doesn't mean you have to be married.'

She continues, 'I never think about marriage. Is that weird? The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, 'Would I get married again?''

'It's really not important to me. It has no relevance to me right now,' says The Avengers star, explaining, 'I'm not having kids anytime soon, I'm in a nice relationship, I'm working a lot, and, like I said, it's not important to me.'

Johansson also opens up about her image as a sex symbol.

'I think any woman who is curvy and wears a gown to an event is, like, super sexualized,' says the actress of her early years being in the public eye.

She continues, 'I mean, at the time I was 18, 19. I was young. I've always been curvy. It runs in the family. Throw on an evening frock and it's like all of a sudden you have boobs and everyone is like: 'bombshell!' Instantly it was: 'The new Marilyn [Monroe].''

Johansson is now closing in on 30.

'I feel like I've been transitioning from young woman into womanhood for a very long time,' she reflects. 'Now as I approach 30, with the last few years behind me, I feel like growing pains are behind me. It's just nice to feel happy.'

Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!

Like us on Facebook!

You might like:

  • Has Miley Finally Gone Too Far? Has Miley Finally Gone Too Far?
  • Shocking Kris Jenner Baby Bump Shocking Kris Jenner Baby Bump
  • Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
  • Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
  • Did Bieber Fever Send Selena to the Hospital? Did Bieber Fever Send Selena to the Hospital?
  • Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet? Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
  • Emma Watson Shocked by Forward American Men Emma Watson Shocked by Forward American Men
  • Celebrity Booty Mishaps Celebrity Booty Mishaps
  • Khloe Kardashian's Brother-In-Law Slips Pregnancy News Khloe Kardashian's Brother-In-Law Slips Pregnancy News
  • Why Snooki Lied About Her Pregnancy Why Snooki Lied About Her Pregnancy



No comments:

Post a Comment