Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Battling Skyfall For Box Office #1

Life of Pi Lincoln Rise of the Guardians Skyfall The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2

BOX OFFICE

(Summit)

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn ' Part 2 and the James Bond movie Skyfall are in a tight battle for the box office crown one week after the pair helped fuel the biggest Thanksgiving in Hollywood history.

The numbers are understandably smaller this week, with Breaking Dawn and Skyfall both on pace for roughly $15 million, just ahead of Lincoln ($13 million) and Rise of the Guardians ($13 million).

Life of Pi, the spiritual shipwreck adaptation, is tracking toward approximately $10 million and fifth place.

Brad Pitt's hit man drama Killing Them Softly, the only major new release, should debut at #6 with about $7.5 million.

The remake of Red Dawn ($6.5 million) and the video game character romp Wreck-It Ralph ($6.1 million) are expected to wrestle for seventh place.

Flight, starring Denzel Washington as a pilot with problems, is projected to earn about $4.5 million, with the Jennifer Lawrence-Bradley Cooper offbeat romance Silver Linings Playbook targeting $3 million in still-limited release.

Gossip Cop will have updates.

What are you seeing this weekend?

Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!

Like us on Facebook!

You might like:

  • Embarrassing Celeb Moments: Justin Bieber Temper Tantrum? Embarrassing Celeb Moments: Justin Bieber Temper Tantrum?
  • Is Lady Gaga Getting Fat?! Is Lady Gaga Getting Fat?!
  • Ex-Nanny Reveals the Truth About the Kardashians Ex-Nanny Reveals the Truth About the Kardashians
  • Mariah Carey Shares Pics of Twins' Lavish Paris Birthday Mariah Carey Shares Pics of Twins' Lavish Paris Birthday
  • Jay-Z: Blue Ivy May Be The Jay-Z: Blue Ivy May Be The "Worst"
  • David & Victoria Beckham Go Their Separate Ways David & Victoria Beckham Go Their Separate Ways
  • Shocking Kris Jenner Baby Bump Shocking Kris Jenner Baby Bump
  • Khloe Kardashian's Brother-In-Law Slips Pregnancy News Khloe Kardashian's Brother-In-Law Slips Pregnancy News
  • Do You Recognize This Nerdy Celeb? Do You Recognize This Nerdy Celeb?
  • Twi-Hard Cheating Scandal Heats Up Twi-Hard Cheating Scandal Heats Up

  • new board?

  • :-)~~~

  • Are we posting here today???

  • I bounce between both boards :-)

  • it depends'.if it's quiet'..I can stay here'

  • I'll bounce with you, BI! LOL

  • I'm in'

  • Does anyone know where BD 2 is ranked in the franchise in total sales? I'm sure Lionsgate is happy with the results. I wonder what Rob, Kristen and Taylor get at the back end of profits. They're probably happy as well. I did like the movie which I wasn't sure if I would since I didn't think BD 1, NM or Eclipse were all that great. It was actually good. I liked how they did the credits at the end. You could see how they've grown and matured from Twilight.

    Thanks to Bill Condon, Kristen, Rob, Taylor and the cast and crew for bringing the Twi saga to a great end!

  • Hey windmills :)

  • Good morning, I hope you post here cause I cannot get into that other place without installing shit.

  • Really'..sorry to hear that!

  • I don't know the answer but I'm sure it's a lot :-)

  • Hiya :-)

  • Hola, kittyks!!

  • GM :)

  • GM Bearly :-)

  • Hola!!

  • Good morning'

  • Hey! Good Morning.

  • Hi Windmills. How's it going?

  • Hello L !!!

  • I was just wondering if it made more than BD 1 or NM, Eclipse, Twilight. There was someone earlier this week who was saying they thought the BO wasn't as strong as Lionsgate had hoped it would be(I think she was trying to blame Kristen), but I disagree. BD 2 has been very successful as far as I can tell, give or take a few million, lol. I don't think the LG is disappointed with the results.

  • Um I just the all time best selling movie charts and as of right now BD part 2 is 73

  • I don't think anyone is disappointed about the outcome thus far, especially those that it would really matter to' IMO

  • Here is the link

    http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

  • Yeah, I think she was just a fos hater trying to stir crap.

  • I think so far it has done better than BD1'..is right behind NM. It's not her fault''people forget that right before this came out'..there was a hurricane that hit the upper east coast'..taking care of the clean up there has been of the up most importance'..

  • Thanks!

  • sounded like the repoter that was pictured with rob yesterday might be a tad bit jealous '.flat features to his face and shorter that him'.huh! weelllll rob has hair and plenty of it'.nothing flat about rob'!!!!

  • Bouncing'..here''the other place'twitter''obviously I have ADD!

  • That's true. The east coast is a heavily populated area. BD 1 did do better. 712 mil vs BD 2 602 mil. I think a lot of twi fans were very excited to see Edward and Bella get married. I know I was. It's not over yet though.

  • Gotta take kids to the orthodontist. See you all later.:-)

  • Good Luck!! Didn't know u could do that on a Saturday!!! See u later!!!

  • Believe they have 12.5 back end deal each

  • Hey all, just checking in. Glad to see a new board, and will probably be back and forth between the two if the haters come in and try to take over! :)

  • Hello!! I do believe that is what most of us will be doing. Not up for drama today'..want it to just be calm. Don't mind chatting'.just don't like doing battle of the words over things that are no longer important. Anyway''.how are u??

  • I agree''.
    S T O N E Y '@ILikeHoopla
    ROB HOW ARE YOU SO DELICIOUSLY BAD BOY & GOOD BOY??? This pic forever setting the standard on how men should appear. pic.twitter.com/sGM4NDfi

  • what board have you been on?

  • Doing good Debbie! Thanks for asking! :)

  • Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • BD2 is ahead of BD1. Total sales for BD 1 was 712 m BD 2 is at 603m only after 2 weeks. Total sales for BD2 will surely surpass 712 M.

  • hello!

  • Hey michelle! How are you today?

  • Oh, man'the guy is seriously a hunk!

  • Yep, that is my term, but my daughters is HOTTIE!!!!

  • great..bouncing around right now..lol,,trying to avoid housecleaning and food right now'how are you?

  • Rob with WB http://www.eonline.com/news/367707/robert-pattinson-does-lunch-with-richard-gere-takes-a-meeting-with-warner-bros?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=E%21

  • Hi Kitty!

  • Really good! Getting ready to help my husband put up the Christmas decorations! Will be in and out when I can! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment