Friday, July 6, 2012

Rihanna Defends Chris Brown Remix, Says She's 'Afraid' of Falling in Love Again

Chris Brown Harper's Bazaar Rihanna

(Camilla Akrans/Harper's Bazaar)

Nearly five months after releasing a surprising collaboration with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, Rihanna is explaining her decision, admitting she wanted to work with someone 'shocking.'

And shock she did, drawing the ire of some of her fiercest supporters who didn't understand why the pop star would want to work with someone who abused her in the past.

'I understood that people had every right to be concerned about it. But I didn't see it that way because I'm in a different place,' she says in the August issue of Harper's Bazaar.

RELATED ' Chris Brown Expresses 'Love' and Condolences After Rihanna's Grandmother Dies

Rihanna, who says her love life is currently 'nonexistent,' reveals she's afraid of falling in love, and hints it may be because of the messy and tragic way her romance with Brown ended in 2009.

'When I was in love, I fell so hard. I was really, really, really in love. The way it made me feel was priceless,' she recalls.

The singer continues, 'And in a blink of an eye my whole life changed. Everything that I knew was different. I never thought I'd feel that pain in my life. I'm afraid of feeling that again.'

Rihanna's full interview hits newsstands July 17.

What do you think of Rihanna's comments?

Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!

Like us on Facebook!

You might like:

  • Kim Kardashian's Plastic Surgery: Shocking New Photos! Kim Kardashian's Plastic Surgery: Shocking New Photos!
  • Groomed or Grizzly: What's Hotter on Male Celebs? Groomed or Grizzly: What's Hotter on Male Celebs?
  • Khloe & Lamar Expecting Twins Khloe & Lamar Expecting Twins
  • Jay-Z: Blue Ivy May Be The Jay-Z: Blue Ivy May Be The "Worst"
  • Hollywood's Hottest New Daddy: a Hemsworth! Hollywood's Hottest New Daddy: a Hemsworth!
  • No More Nudity for Kendra Wilkinson! No More Nudity for Kendra Wilkinson!
  • Photos: Why People Are Upset With H&M Photos: Why People Are Upset With H&M
  • Blind Item Busted: Who Was the Harassing Salesgirl? Blind Item Busted: Who Was the Harassing Salesgirl?
  • What Lady Gaga Really Looks Like! What Lady Gaga Really Looks Like!
  • 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled

  • I find it sad that she would feel she needed to work with someone shocking just basically for publicity. A person who has talent can sell their music just based on their talent alone. They don't need to work with a shocking person or walk around in public practically naked.



No comments:

Post a Comment