Sunday, August 12, 2012

Michael Phelps Joins Golf Channel Show The Haney Project

Michael Phelps

(GettyImages.com)

Michael Phelps is trading the pool for a putter.

The 18-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer has signed on to the Golf Channel show 'The Haney Project,' in which he'll be the star student of Hank Haney, onetime coach of Tiger Woods.

Phelps' next gig was announced on Saturday.

'I have traveled the world through swimming, but really haven't had an opportunity to experience the world through my travels,' said the Olympic great in a statement. 'As I enter this next chapter of my life, I think I will be able to shift my competitiveness to anything I put my mind to and golf is one of the things I want to focus on.'

Phelps added, 'If I have a goal of dropping a certain amount of shots, or working on my short game or putting, those things are going to keep me motivated and fire me up and keep me excited.'

RELATED ' Michael Phelps Dating Model Megan Rossee (PHOTOS)

He continued, 'I want to play all the world's great golf courses, but I'd like to play them well. I'm excited about this project with Golf Channel and I'm looking forward to working with Hank and see what we can do together on the golf course.'

Episodes will follow Phelps in one-on-one golf instruction and playing courses around the world on his own.

It will start airing next February.

Previous seasons of the show have featured Charles Barkley, Ray Romano and Adam Levine.

During the London Games, Phelps became the most decorated Olympian in history, ending his career with an astounding 18 golds and 22 overall medals in swimming.

Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!

Like us on Facebook!

You might like:

  • Megan Furious At Shia After His Confession Megan Furious At Shia After His Confession
  • Kim Kardashian's Shocking Plastic Surgery Transformation Kim Kardashian's Shocking Plastic Surgery Transformation
  • Openly Gay (And Fab!) Celebs Openly Gay (And Fab!) Celebs
  • 11 Ways to Never Look Bad in a Photo Again 11 Ways to Never Look Bad in a Photo Again
  • Is There Still Hope for R. Patz and K. Stew? Is There Still Hope for R. Patz and K. Stew?
  • Twi-Hard Cheating Scandal Heats Up Twi-Hard Cheating Scandal Heats Up
  • Jay-Z: Blue Ivy May Be The Jay-Z: Blue Ivy May Be The "Worst"
  • Why People are Upset with H&M Why People are Upset with H&M
  • Spotted: Angelina Jolie Looking Gross Spotted: Angelina Jolie Looking Gross
  • Bow Wow: Bow Wow: "I Slept With Kim Kardashian"

  • I love him!!! He is a bit slow I think. Resembles Robert Pattison in this picture.

  • Golf Channel? Yawn''booooooring.



No comments:

Post a Comment